What reason is aperture slant small when twist drill is drilling?
If the drill hole is not round, it is probably because the bit edge belt has been seriously worn down. In this case, all you have to do is to change the drill bit or to polish the drill bit.
What reason is the hole askew when twist drill is drilling? And how to solve this problem?
- The drill bit is blunt. Solution: re-grind the drill bit (You can use the drill bit grinding machine to grind the bit)
- The fit gap between the drill bit and the guide sleeve is too large. Solution: use proper clearance guide sleeve.
- The axis of the spindle and the guide sleeve is not coaxial, and the spindle is not perpendicular to the worktable. Solution: correct the position of the fixture. Check the verticality of drill press spindle.
- Vibration of drill bit during cutting. Solution: first drill the center hole and then drill hole, using guide sleeve or workpiece rotation.
- The surface of the workpiece is uneven, with blowhole and sand holes. At this point you need to replace the appropriate blank.
- There are wares and cross holes inside the workpiece. Solution: Change the sequence of process or the structure of workpiece.
- In addition, improper clamping, inclined workpiece surface and uneven feed may lead to hole position skew.